Family Day Ideas!
2022-02-15 | 07:51:46
Family Day was first introduced in 1990 and is now a beloved celebration for several Canadian provinces, including: New Brunswick, Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, Saskatchewan and British Columbia! Rooted in the value of home and family, this is a great day to spend some extra time with your closest loved ones, and remind them how much you care.
Below are a few ways you can celebrate Family Day this year:
- Cook a Meal Together: From making mini personalized pizzas to cooking up a brand-new recipe or baking something delicious, the kitchen is a great space for family time and making fun memories!
- Build a Blanket Fort: With the winter chill not quite lifted yet, building a blanket fort is a great way to spend the day with your family and watch movies, share laughs and enjoy some yummy snacks!
- Try an Online Exercise Class: Want to enjoy your family and get a little exercise while you’re at it? Try an online workout class! Not only is this a fun activity you can do with your kids from home, but it is a great way to teach them about health and start setting up healthy habits for life.
- Do an In-Person OR Virtual Tour: Museums are a fun and different activity that families can do together whether in-person or online, as many museums now offer free virtual tours!
- ZOOM with the Famjam: While you might not be able to have the entire family together, in person, we live in a digital world, which allows us to access the people we love at all times - no matter how far away they are! Call up your parents or grandparents, do an activity over the computer or have a story time session, or simply take a moment to ‘check-in’.
No matter how you spend it, I hope you have a wonderful Family Day!